All About French Roulette
French Roulette Review
French roulette is a variant of the roulette game that gained popularity in the years following the French Revolution. If we want to translate the term “roulette”, we get “little wheel”. The game itself, as we have already noted, is an entertaining gambling activity that is considered a tremendous potential for profit.
French Roulette versus American Roulette
Played fairly frequently in casinos in Monte Carlo, French roulette is a bit different from the other roulette variations that we’ve already discussed because it has a unique table layout. In addition, players in this casino table game are faced with the lowest house edge of any other roulette variant, as the edge is reduced to 1.35% due to an additional game rule.
The game is played on the European standard wheel, which has 37 divisions, where numbers from 1 to 36 and 0 are found. Numbers from 1 to 36 are alternately colored in red and black, while the single zero is highlighted in green.
If we want the French and American roulette variations plugins, we should note that the American Roulette table shows both a single zero and a double zero, while the French table shows only a single zero. In addition, all the numbers on the French table are white in color, while all numbers except the zero and double zero on the American roulette table are colored either in red or in black.
Another difference between the two variations is that the numbers on the French and American roulette wheels are in a different way.
Last but not least, the position of the outside bet field differs at the American and French roulette tables. The outside Bets on the American variant are usually placed on the left side of the table layout. The outside bet field on the French variant is divided into two parts and is located on both sides of the table layout. Each outer Bets has his French moniker visualized on the table, while sometimes his translation into English is also visualized directly under the French name.
The main goal that every player pursues is to predict in which numbered pocket the roulette ball will settle. To do this, all players make Bet on a certain number, after which the dealer turns the roulette wheel in one direction and spins the roulette ball in the opposite direction. As soon as the ball with this particular number reaches the pocket, the respective players are paid.
Types of Bets
The betting layout of the roulette table consists of two sections – Bet on single numbers and group Bets. In French roulette players can use two main categories – inside and outside of Bets. The inside are made on a single number, adjacent numbers or small groups of numbers, while the outside comprise larger classic roulette bets groups or numbers. The majority of Bet offers different odds or payoffs. These payouts and odds are usually not listed on the board, except for the payout of the column. Therefore, players should know the payouts and odds on each bet before entering the game. Note Su go through inside and outside Bets in French roulette.
- Straight Up Bet – it is placed on any single number, including “0”, and directly on the number. His payout is 35 to 1.
- Split Bet – It has two adjacent numbers and is placed on the line between these numbers. The bet may also include 0 and 1, 0 and 2, 0 and 3. His payout is 17 to 1.
- Street Bet – It has all three numbers in a row and is placed on the line at the end of the line. There are also other options for its placement – it can include 0, 1, 2; 0, 2, 3. His payout is 11 to 1.
- Corner Bet – It has a group of four numbers and is placed on the corner where they touch four numbers. The bet can also be placed on the corner 0, 1, 2 and 3. His payout is 8 to 1.
- Line Bet – It has six numbers (or two rows of three numbers) and is placed at the end of two rows, at the boundary between them. His payout is 5 to 1.
- Column Bet – It has an entire column and is placed in the box at the end of each column. His payout is 2 to 1.
- Trunking Bet – It has a group of 12 numbers. In American Roulette, the fields on the table are marked as 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The corresponding fields on the French table are arranged in two sections and are referred to as “12P” or Premier Douzaine (numbers 1 to 12), “12M” or Moyenne Douzaine (numbers 13 to 24) and “12D” or Derniére Douzaine (numbers 25 to 36). His payout is 2 to 1.
- Bet on color – it has all the red numbers or all the black numbers on the layout and is placed on the “red” (rouge) diamond or the “black” (noir) diamond. His payout is 1 to 1.
- Bet on ODD / Even – it will contain all even numbers or all ODD numbers on the layout and will be placed on the “pair” field (all even numbers) or the “Impair” field (all ODD numbers). His payout is 1 to 1.
- Bet on Low / High – it has all low numbers or all high numbers and is placed on the “Manque” (numbers 1 to 18) or the “Passes” (numbers 19 to 36) field. His payout is 1 to 1.
If a player places an even bet outside (red / black, even / ODD, low / high) and the winning number is 0, he / she is able to take on tasks that use the “and prison” rule. As we have already explained, the player now either gets 50% of his / her bet or the entire bet is locked up. If it turns out that the locked bet is a winner on the next wheel spin, it will be unlocked and the player will get it back without any profit.
If the ball lands on the next wheel spin to zero, the player loses the entire bet.
If a player places an even bet outside (red / black, even / ODD, low / high) and the winning number is 0, he / she is able to perform tasks using another special game rule known as “Le Partage” is. The bets on straight money are immediately divided by two. In this way, 50% of the bet will be reclaimed to the player, while the other 50% will be returned to the house. With this rule, there is no option for an original bet for a different wheel spin. This rule even lowers the house edge to 1.35%.
In addition, the players have the opportunity to place the so-called “neighbors Bets”. You have numbers that are next to each other on the roulette wheel. If a player is willing to bet on the number 25 plus the number immediately to the left and the number immediately to the right of 25 on the wheel, he / she can call a single digit neighbor bet on 25. This bet will contain the numbers 2, 25 and 17.